Proper facial and airway development is crucial to your child’s good health.
- 78% of pediatric orthodontic patients have an airway disorder, which stems from incorrect facial development.
- Up to 92% of orthodontic patients have a sleep-related breathing disorder.
Your child’s airway includes their mouth, nose, throat, windpipe, and voicebox. When it is obstructed or poorly developed, it can lead to mouth breathing, which can, in turn, cause a host of health problems, including but not limited to:
- Chronic bad breath
- Gum disease
- Abnormal plaque buildup on teeth/tooth damage
- Recurring sinus/ear/throat infections
- Improper facial development
- Obstructive sleep apnea
- Heart problems
Treat the underlying causes to foster natural growth and development with the MyoBrace® System.
Myobrace® corrects breathing issues in children by teaching them to breathe through the nose, rest the tongue on the roof of the mouth, and swallow correctly. It widens the jaws to help them grow properly and develop fully, creating the right amount of space for the teeth, allowing them to come in naturally straight, frequently preventing your child from ever needing braces.
The Myobrace System is preventive pre-orthodontic treatment ideal for children from 3 to 15 years old. It uses a series of removable intraoral appliances that your child wears for 1-2 hours a day and overnight.
- Promotes proper facial and jaw development
- Straightens teeth and aligns the bite
- Improves overall health, including recurring ENT issues
- Promotes healthy chewing and swallowing
Treatment with MyoBrace will help your child breathe through their nose instead of their mouth, correct the resting position of the tongue, and keep your child’s lips together to further discourage mouth breathing.
If you want your child to breathe easier day and night and experience fewer illnesses as they grow and as an adult, contact us to schedule a consultation. Your child’s health depends on it!