Have You Considered Braces As An Adult?
Have you ever been embarrassed by a misaligned smile or crooked teeth? If you’re thinking about braces, does a teenager with a mouth of metal brackets and wire come to mind? Well, teenagers are no longer the only people with braces. In fact, people of all ages are getting braces to help them improve the look and function of their teeth. Read on to find out more.
When it comes to braces, there is no age limit to improving the quality of your smile. Poor alignment can cause tooth decay, jaw pain, horrible headaches, troubles with eating, and sleep apnea. Choosing orthodontic treatment resolves these oral health problems and restores confidence in your smile and yourself.
Braces correct a variety of oral health problems such as:
- Overcrowding or uneven spacing: It is common for teeth to become overcrowded or for large spaces to develop between teeth. When there isn’t enough space in your mouth for teeth to come in properly, they become overcrowded. When teeth are smaller than the available space, large gaps appear around them.
- Overbite: An overbite is when the upper jaw overlaps the lower jaw. It can be caused by genetics or habits like nail-biting and chewing pencils or other objects.
- Underbite: An underbite is similar to an overbite, but the jaw placements are reversed. In this case, the lower jaw overlaps the upper jaw. They are generally caused by genetics, but habits like mouth breathing and poor chewing can contribute to an underbite.
- Open Bite: An open bite occurs when a person’s upper and lower teeth do not come together when closed, leaving a notable gap. Tongue thrusting, chewing on objects, and genetics tend to cause this issue.
- Self Esteem Issues: A crooked smile can take a huge toll on a person’s self-confidence. They may be afraid to smile in public or be photographed. Braces can vastly improve their self-esteem.
Our adult patients have found great success with orthodontic treatment and are happy they finally decided to go through with it. It’s not too late to get the smile you’ve always dreamed of.
If you would like more information about adult braces, please call our Kewaskum office today, and we’ll be happy to schedule you for a consultation.